Josephine E. RyanApril 23,2013
Josephine E. RyanJosephine E. Ryan
Josephine Edith Ryan, 87, of Rutland died Saturday, April 20, 2013, at Rutland Regional Medical Center.
She was born Dec. 24, 1925, in Rutland, the daughter of David and Bertha (Wood) Valiquette.
She was married to Thomas L. Ryan, who died February, 1974.
She was a member of Christ the King Church, the Ladies of the Moose, V.F.W., American Legion and the D.A.V.
Survivors include two sons, Thomas D. Ryan of Shrewsbury, and Edward H. Ryan of Rutland; a daughter, Deanna Jean Carlson of Rutland; 10 grandchildren, 15 great-grandchildren, one great-great-grandchild, nieces and nephews.
She was predeceased by her husband, a brother Harold Valiquette, and two sisters, Marion Hector and Beatrice Borjesson.
Funeral services will be held Wednesday, April 24, 2013, at 11 a.m. at Christ the King Church. Officiating will be the Rev. Justin Baker, pastor.
Burial will follow in St. Joseph’s Cemetery. A reception will follow.
Friends may call Tuesday, April 23, from 4 to 7 p.m. at Clifford Funeral Home in Rutland.
Contributions may be made to Rutland County Humane Society, Stevens Road, Pittsford, VT 05763.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.