Anytime Fitness hosts free partyApril 23,2013BENNINGTON — Anytime Fitness is celebrating its third year by hosting the “Rock Your Heart” festival from 7 to 10 p.m. May 4 at the gym on Depot Street.
“We pride ourselves in helping our community get and stay healthy and would like to again this year give something back,” said Amy Carey, who owns Anytime Fitness with her husband, Jamie.
All community members are invited to the free event, which will include appetizers, music by local DJs, dancing, giveaways, member awards, a cash bar, provided by Bennington restaurant, Madison’s Brewing Company’s, free massages and a silent auction.
The silent auction, on items provided by local companies, will raise money to benefit the American Cancer Society, Food for Fuel and the local chapter of Big Brothers Big Sisters.
Amy Carey thanked the community for supporting the gym.
“We look forward to spending time with all of you to thank you personally — relationships are the foundation for our culture here at Anytime Fitness,” she said.
The event is for people who are 14 and older and those planning to attend are asked to RSVP by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 681-0161.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Acclaimed illusionist & escape artist Harry Houdini, performing in Montreal in 1926, is sucker-punched by a McGill University student. Houdini doesn't know he has peritonitis - the punches are possible factor in his Oct. 31 death.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Police Chief James Baker to resign from the force at the end of the year to take a job in Washington, D.C., jury remains out in teacher killing murder trial, Rec Dept. releases report on what's wrong with White's Pool.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Well diggers in Cardiff, New York, find what is thought to be the petrified body of a 10-foot-tall man, perfectly preserved after thousands of years, which becomes a popular roadside attraction until proven to be a fake.
- Pittsford Haunted House
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1720, 'Calico Jack' Rackham, Caribbean pirate and early feminist, known for recruiting women to his crew and for fabric decorating skills after creating 'Jolly Roger' flag, is captured by the British Royal Navy.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1307, King Phillip the Fair of France orders hundreds of Knights Templar rounded up and arrested, charged with heresy, tortured until they confess; on this day in 1917, thousands see miracle of Our Lady of Fatima.