Richard J. West Jr.April 24,2013
Richard J. West Jr.Richard J. West Jr.
BIG FLATS, N.Y. — Richard J. “Rick” West Jr., age 61, of Big Flats, N.Y., passed away suddenly at home on Monday, April 22, 2013.
He was born April 12, 1952, in Burlington, VT, the son of Richard J. Sr. and Doreen (McDevitt) West.
Rick attended Christ the King Elementary School and graduated from Mount St. Joseph Academy in Rutland, VT, in 1970.
Family and friends are invited to visit Walter J. Kent Funeral Home, 858 Lake St. at Washington Ave., Elmira, on Saturday, April 27, 2013, from 2 to 5 p.m.
In lieu of flowers, those wishing may remember Rick through donations to MDA.
To view his complete obituary, please visit www.walterjkent.com.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1898, Nelson Miles leads American troops into Puerto Rico during Spanish-American War, Bob Dylan electrifies Newport Folk Festival in 1965, author and longshoreman Eric Hoffer born this day in 1902.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: No charges to be filed inconnection with crash of city police cruiser, farmers group turn to Internet to raise money for solar project, Street Talk polls passersby about legal marijuana.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information for Friday, July 25, and easily digestible news tidbits: Mysterious enormous hole in the Siberian tundra baffles scientists.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Ever wonder why the otherwise straight-lined Appalachian chain's got a big crimp in it in Pennsylvania and and New York?
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Scott Milne opens campaign for governor's office, crime statistics fall in city, new home for homeless prevention center, traffic cameras are not watching you, capital panel hears testimony about protecting children.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: America's feet getting bigger than ever, and Americans keep jamming their feet into small sized shoes. Wake up, America!