Richard J. West Jr.April 24,2013
Richard J. West Jr.Richard J. West Jr.
BIG FLATS, N.Y. — Richard J. “Rick” West Jr., age 61, of Big Flats, N.Y., passed away suddenly at home on Monday, April 22, 2013.
He was born April 12, 1952, in Burlington, VT, the son of Richard J. Sr. and Doreen (McDevitt) West.
Rick attended Christ the King Elementary School and graduated from Mount St. Joseph Academy in Rutland, VT, in 1970.
Family and friends are invited to visit Walter J. Kent Funeral Home, 858 Lake St. at Washington Ave., Elmira, on Saturday, April 27, 2013, from 2 to 5 p.m.
In lieu of flowers, those wishing may remember Rick through donations to MDA.
To view his complete obituary, please visit www.walterjkent.com.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1935, New York gangster, bootlegger, ruthless murderer Dutch Schultz, born Arthur Flegenheimer to Jewish-German immigrant parents, and three associates gunned down, killed, at the Palace Chophouse in Newark, N.J.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Acclaimed illusionist & escape artist Harry Houdini, performing in Montreal in 1926, is sucker-punched by a McGill University student. Houdini doesn't know he has peritonitis - the punches are possible factor in his Oct. 31 death.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Police Chief James Baker to resign from the force at the end of the year to take a job in Washington, D.C., jury remains out in teacher killing murder trial, Rec Dept. releases report on what's wrong with White's Pool.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Well diggers in Cardiff, New York, find what is thought to be the petrified body of a 10-foot-tall man, perfectly preserved after thousands of years, which becomes a popular roadside attraction until proven to be a fake.
- Pittsford Haunted House
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1720, 'Calico Jack' Rackham, Caribbean pirate and early feminist, known for recruiting women to his crew and for fabric decorating skills after creating 'Jolly Roger' flag, is captured by the British Royal Navy.