Richard J. West Jr.April 24,2013
Richard J. West Jr.Richard J. West Jr.
BIG FLATS, N.Y. — Richard J. “Rick” West Jr., age 61, of Big Flats, N.Y., passed away suddenly at home on Monday, April 22, 2013.
He was born April 12, 1952, in Burlington, VT, the son of Richard J. Sr. and Doreen (McDevitt) West.
Rick attended Christ the King Elementary School and graduated from Mount St. Joseph Academy in Rutland, VT, in 1970.
Family and friends are invited to visit Walter J. Kent Funeral Home, 858 Lake St. at Washington Ave., Elmira, on Saturday, April 27, 2013, from 2 to 5 p.m.
In lieu of flowers, those wishing may remember Rick through donations to MDA.
To view his complete obituary, please visit www.walterjkent.com.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Tibetans' ability to breathe and absorb oxygen at high altitude might have been inherited from their ancient ancestors, our new pals, the Denisovans, more dominant in their day than anybody can remember.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Herald Editor Rob Mitchell and staff writer Bryanna Allen discuss conflict at Open Door Mission, MSJ's new principal, teens carve marble in West Rutland.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Researchers find new species of hominid, the Denisovans, and follow genetic evidence that place them across a wide swath of the globe before extinction 40,000 years ago.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Proctor estate sale hits serious legal speed bump, Rutland Town wraps up solar project regulations, Patty Minichiello interviews visiting sculptor in West Rutland and Castleton Crackers honored with national award.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Tamerlane, in 1401 on this day, lays waste to Baghdad; 'Rock Around The Clock' hits No. 1 on Billboard chart in 1955, stays there for eight weeks.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Texas towns, shaken by earthquakes linked to fracking for gas and oil, are fed up and scared, want to ban the practice,