Middlebury holds talk on divestmentApril 26,2013MIDDLEBURY — Middlebury College will hold a second panel discussion on divestment and the college’s endowment at 7:30 p.m. Sunday at the Dana Auditorium.
This event will focus on the perspectives of Middlebury students regarding divestment, endowment management and environmental policy.
Panelists include sophomore Jeannie Bartlett, an environmental studies and conservation biology major; sophomore Teddy Smyth, an environmental studies and policy major; junior Ryan Kim, an economics major; junior Ben Wiggins, a political science major and economics minor; senior Zach Drennen, a double major in political science and economics; senior Janet Bering, an environmental studies and biology major; and senior Michael Patterson, a classical studies major with an economics minor.
The panel will be moderated by former Gov. James Douglas.
It is open to the public.
For more information, visitwww.middlebury.edu.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1932, President Hoover orders the Army to evict bonus marchers from Anacostia Flats; author Malcolm Lowry born this day, as is Jackie Kennedy and Mike Bloomfield; Stephen Crane on consuming one's own heart.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Earth barely avoids being blasted by immense solar flare in 2012, astrophysicists say next time might not be so lucky.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1898, Nelson Miles leads American troops into Puerto Rico during Spanish-American War, Bob Dylan electrifies Newport Folk Festival in 1965, author and longshoreman Eric Hoffer born this day in 1902.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: No charges to be filed inconnection with crash of city police cruiser, farmers group turn to Internet to raise money for solar project, Street Talk polls passersby about legal marijuana.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information for Friday, July 25, and easily digestible news tidbits: Mysterious enormous hole in the Siberian tundra baffles scientists.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Ever wonder why the otherwise straight-lined Appalachian chain's got a big crimp in it in Pennsylvania and and New York?