Middlebury holds talk on divestmentApril 26,2013MIDDLEBURY — Middlebury College will hold a second panel discussion on divestment and the college’s endowment at 7:30 p.m. Sunday at the Dana Auditorium.
This event will focus on the perspectives of Middlebury students regarding divestment, endowment management and environmental policy.
Panelists include sophomore Jeannie Bartlett, an environmental studies and conservation biology major; sophomore Teddy Smyth, an environmental studies and policy major; junior Ryan Kim, an economics major; junior Ben Wiggins, a political science major and economics minor; senior Zach Drennen, a double major in political science and economics; senior Janet Bering, an environmental studies and biology major; and senior Michael Patterson, a classical studies major with an economics minor.
The panel will be moderated by former Gov. James Douglas.
It is open to the public.
For more information, visitwww.middlebury.edu.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.