Middlebury holds talk on divestmentApril 26,2013MIDDLEBURY — Middlebury College will hold a second panel discussion on divestment and the college’s endowment at 7:30 p.m. Sunday at the Dana Auditorium.
This event will focus on the perspectives of Middlebury students regarding divestment, endowment management and environmental policy.
Panelists include sophomore Jeannie Bartlett, an environmental studies and conservation biology major; sophomore Teddy Smyth, an environmental studies and policy major; junior Ryan Kim, an economics major; junior Ben Wiggins, a political science major and economics minor; senior Zach Drennen, a double major in political science and economics; senior Janet Bering, an environmental studies and biology major; and senior Michael Patterson, a classical studies major with an economics minor.
The panel will be moderated by former Gov. James Douglas.
It is open to the public.
For more information, visitwww.middlebury.edu.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, striking Colo. miners attacked with machine guns by state police; 1877, Thomas Edison announces invention of the phonograph, 1959, Alan Freed fired by WABC 770 AM for accepting payola to promote records.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1863, President Abraham Lincoln delivers short speech in Gettysburg, Pa.; in 1984, a Pemex LNG facility destroyed by series of gas explosions, 600 people are killed; in 1998, Senate builds fire under Bill Clinton.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1831 – Independent South American super-state, Gran Colombia, dissolved; 1856 - Fort Buchanan built to control Apache warriors; 1970 - William Calley Jr. goes on trial after 1968 massacre at My Lai, Vietnam.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Wisconsin Sen. Joe McCarthy takes advantage of Cold War jitters and builds a tidy little fiefdom for himself on Capitol Hill. It's all good, but pride goes before you know darn well what. The junior senator is damaged going down.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, Leon Trotsky is expelled from the Soviet Communist Party, leaving Joseph Stalin in control of the Soviet Union; in 1970, Oregon DOT tries to dynamite a dead whale off a beach with a rather shocking result.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1972, Southern Airways Flight 49 is hijacked, the crew and passengers held for ransom. The hijackers want $10 million and passage to Cuba. In 2007, in Santiago, Chile, King Juan Carlos of Spain loses patience with Hugo Chavez.