Middlebury holds talk on divestmentApril 26,2013MIDDLEBURY — Middlebury College will hold a second panel discussion on divestment and the college’s endowment at 7:30 p.m. Sunday at the Dana Auditorium.
This event will focus on the perspectives of Middlebury students regarding divestment, endowment management and environmental policy.
Panelists include sophomore Jeannie Bartlett, an environmental studies and conservation biology major; sophomore Teddy Smyth, an environmental studies and policy major; junior Ryan Kim, an economics major; junior Ben Wiggins, a political science major and economics minor; senior Zach Drennen, a double major in political science and economics; senior Janet Bering, an environmental studies and biology major; and senior Michael Patterson, a classical studies major with an economics minor.
The panel will be moderated by former Gov. James Douglas.
It is open to the public.
For more information, visitwww.middlebury.edu.MORE IN This Just InSki area operators in Vermont and across northern New England were giddy Wednesday at the... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1778, Capt. James Cook is first European to set eyes on Maui in Hawaiian Islands; 1922, Pharoah Tutankhamun found after 3000 years; 1909, Hollawood movie star Frances Dee born in Los Angeles.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Hazmat unit called downtown, Boys & Girls Club hosts dinner for members and families, Secret Santa back on the beat, city discusses runoff problem on Mayfield Road, Brandon gets creative about fixes to town roads, sidewalks.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1944, U.S. begins B-29 bombing raids on Japanese main islands; in 1950, Great Appalachian Storm begins to form; 1963, Lee Oswald killed by Jack Ruby; 1974, D.B. Cooper hijacks Seattle-bound airliner; 1974, 'Lucy' found.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, striking Colo. miners attacked with machine guns by state police; 1877, Thomas Edison announces invention of the phonograph, 1959, Alan Freed fired by WABC 770 AM for accepting payola to promote records.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1863, President Abraham Lincoln delivers short speech in Gettysburg, Pa.; in 1984, a Pemex LNG facility destroyed by series of gas explosions, 600 people are killed; in 1998, Senate builds fire under Bill Clinton.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1831 – Independent South American super-state, Gran Colombia, dissolved; 1856 - Fort Buchanan built to control Apache warriors; 1970 - William Calley Jr. goes on trial after 1968 massacre at My Lai, Vietnam.