Suspect wounded in police shootingApril 27,2013Suspect wounded
in police shooting
WINOOSKI — A Vermont man who was shot in the thigh by a Winooski police officer after a confrontation has pleaded innocent to related charges.
A judge Friday said Isaac Sage, 35, of Winooski should undergo a mental health evaluation to determine his sanity at the time of the incident and whether he is mentally competent for court proceedings.
The Burlington Free Press reported that Sage has been treated and released from the hospital.
Vermont State Police said two officers were responding to a trespassing complaint Thursday afternoon when Sage resisted arrest and punched an officer in the face, causing a concussion and broken nose.
Police said an officer used a stun gun, but when it failed to subdue Sage, one of the officers fired his gun.MORE IN This Just InTOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock. 0Rutland Herald News Editor Alan Keays and sports reporter Tom Haley discuss some of the stories... Full StorySPRINGFIELD - Rescue crews from Springfield and Hartford's swiftwater rescue team Tuesday morning... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Woodstock Ave. lane reconfiguration trial will go forward despite resistance, Rutland city engineer decamps for greener pastures in flatlands, technology changes the way many people file tax returns.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Gulf wildlife still dying from 2010 BP oil spill, Veena in Cabo San Lucas, Gertrude Stein on family living, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Police officer identified in deadly Brattleboro shooting, school consolidation boosters silent on savings, lawmakers nix legal marijuana for PTSD and scrap yard helps solve half-ton heist.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Coyotes are true American survivors, Veena on Narragansett Pier, Vladimir Nabokov in Paris.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Bad crash in Rutland Town sends driver to hospital, natural gas pipeline get support from Addison County Planning Commission.