Suspect wounded in police shootingApril 27,2013Suspect wounded
in police shooting
WINOOSKI — A Vermont man who was shot in the thigh by a Winooski police officer after a confrontation has pleaded innocent to related charges.
A judge Friday said Isaac Sage, 35, of Winooski should undergo a mental health evaluation to determine his sanity at the time of the incident and whether he is mentally competent for court proceedings.
The Burlington Free Press reported that Sage has been treated and released from the hospital.
Vermont State Police said two officers were responding to a trespassing complaint Thursday afternoon when Sage resisted arrest and punched an officer in the face, causing a concussion and broken nose.
Police said an officer used a stun gun, but when it failed to subdue Sage, one of the officers fired his gun.MORE IN This Just InPOULTNEY — Sheila Nichols has been so busy for so long, she doesn’t know how to slow down. Full StoryFAIRLEE — The Thetford Energy Committee was honored Saturday at a statewide energy conference... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation