Norwich University gets $25M giftApril 27,2013Norwich University
receives $25M gift
NORTHFIELD — Norwich University has received a $25 million gift, the school’s largest ever, ahead of its bicentennial fundraising campaign.
The private military college announced the gift Friday.
The gift is from the Tawani Foundation, an organization with a mission of enhancing the awareness and understanding of the importance of the citizen soldier.
Foundation President J.N. Pritzker said it gives him “great joy” to support Norwich’s upcoming fundraising campaign to ensure Norwich has the resources to meet every challenge.
Norwich President Richard Schneider said the gift will transform the university and have an impact on future generations of students and faculty.
Norwich will publicly launch its bicentennial campaign in October 2014, when it will also announce the campaign’s overall fundraising goal.MORE IN This Just InBAGHDAD — Attacks across Iraq, including a series of bombings targeting shoppers in a Sunni... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.