Nekia R. BurdoApril 28,2013
Nekia R. BurdoNekia R. Burdo
HAMPTON, N.Y. — Nekia Renee Burdo, 19, of Hampton, passed away Wednesday, April 24, 2013.
She was born May 10, 1993, in Cambridge, N.Y., and was a 2011 graduate of Granville High School.
Nekia, who was known to everyone as Ayden, currently attended Green Mountain College in Poultney. Ayden was working at Camille’s Consignment Shop in Rutland.
She loved photography, music and writing and enjoyed spending her time at the Rutland County Humane Society, and loved to spend time at Lake Bomoseen. Ayden enjoyed being with her siblings and friends.
Ayden is predeceased by her maternal grandfathers, Eli Truehart and Gaston Shaw, and paternal great-grandfathers, Ron Jackson and Fred Burdo.
Ayden is survived by her mother, Jennifer Hoffman and her husband David of Hampton; her father, Timothy Burdo and his wife Michele of Pownal, VT; her sister, Kassidy Jordan of Hampton, and her brothers, Cole Jordan of Hampton, Kienan Burdo of Pownal, and Jacob Burdo of Pownal. Ayden is also survived by her maternal grandmother, Judy Shaw of Salem; paternal grandmother, Nancy Burdo of Salem; paternal grandfather, Ronald Burdo of Shaftsbury, Vt.; maternal great-grandmother, Helen Dunham of Salem; paternal great-grandmothers, Elsie Jackson of Salem, and Lorraine Burdo of New Hampshire. Additional survivors are Ayden’s uncle, Fred Truehart and his wife Karie and her aunts, Stacy Smith and her husband Dan, and Tonia Goddard and her husband A.J., all of Salem; cousins, Emily and Alex Smith, Eli Truehart, Bailey, Chaylin and Wyatt Fifield, and many extended family as well.
Relatives and friends may call from 4 to 6 p.m. on Monday, April 29, 2013, at the McClellan-Gariepy Funeral Home, 19 East Broadway, Salem. A time of sharing will be at 6 p.m. on Monday at the funeral home for those who wish to attend.
Ayden’s family suggests that in lieu of flowers, memorial contributions in her memory be made to the Rutland County Humane Society, 765 Stevens Road, Pittsford, Vt. 05763.
To share a memory of Ayden, please visit www.mcclellangariepy.com.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- Pittsford Haunted House
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1720, 'Calico Jack' Rackham, Caribbean pirate and early feminist, known for recruiting women to his crew and for fabric decorating skills after creating 'Jolly Roger' flag, is captured by the British Royal Navy.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont has a new state Supreme Court Justice; city hospital says it can save plenty by upgrading its lights and trucking in natural gas; Springfield has a new town manager, former West Rutland guy, Tom Yennerall.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1307, King Phillip the Fair of France orders hundreds of Knights Templar rounded up and arrested, charged with heresy, tortured until they confess; on this day in 1917, thousands see miracle of Our Lady of Fatima.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Solarfest likely to be on hold until at least 2016, Great Dane involved in theft of an $89,000 shotgun leads police to the thieves, PSB will not reopen VGS pipeline case, prosecutors want evidence in body-packing drug case.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1871, After long summer drought comes simultaneous devastating upper Midwest wildfires; Chicago city center in ruins; in 1967, after brief firefight, Ernesto 'Che' Guevara captured alive in Bolivian jungle camp.