Nekia R. BurdoApril 28,2013
Nekia R. BurdoNekia R. Burdo
HAMPTON, N.Y. — Nekia Renee Burdo, 19, of Hampton, passed away Wednesday, April 24, 2013.
She was born May 10, 1993, in Cambridge, N.Y., and was a 2011 graduate of Granville High School.
Nekia, who was known to everyone as Ayden, currently attended Green Mountain College in Poultney. Ayden was working at Camille’s Consignment Shop in Rutland.
She loved photography, music and writing and enjoyed spending her time at the Rutland County Humane Society, and loved to spend time at Lake Bomoseen. Ayden enjoyed being with her siblings and friends.
Ayden is predeceased by her maternal grandfathers, Eli Truehart and Gaston Shaw, and paternal great-grandfathers, Ron Jackson and Fred Burdo.
Ayden is survived by her mother, Jennifer Hoffman and her husband David of Hampton; her father, Timothy Burdo and his wife Michele of Pownal, VT; her sister, Kassidy Jordan of Hampton, and her brothers, Cole Jordan of Hampton, Kienan Burdo of Pownal, and Jacob Burdo of Pownal. Ayden is also survived by her maternal grandmother, Judy Shaw of Salem; paternal grandmother, Nancy Burdo of Salem; paternal grandfather, Ronald Burdo of Shaftsbury, Vt.; maternal great-grandmother, Helen Dunham of Salem; paternal great-grandmothers, Elsie Jackson of Salem, and Lorraine Burdo of New Hampshire. Additional survivors are Ayden’s uncle, Fred Truehart and his wife Karie and her aunts, Stacy Smith and her husband Dan, and Tonia Goddard and her husband A.J., all of Salem; cousins, Emily and Alex Smith, Eli Truehart, Bailey, Chaylin and Wyatt Fifield, and many extended family as well.
Relatives and friends may call from 4 to 6 p.m. on Monday, April 29, 2013, at the McClellan-Gariepy Funeral Home, 19 East Broadway, Salem. A time of sharing will be at 6 p.m. on Monday at the funeral home for those who wish to attend.
Ayden’s family suggests that in lieu of flowers, memorial contributions in her memory be made to the Rutland County Humane Society, 765 Stevens Road, Pittsford, Vt. 05763.
To share a memory of Ayden, please visit www.mcclellangariepy.com.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Ever wonder why the otherwise straight-lined Appalachian chain's got a big crimp in it in Pennsylvania and and New York?
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Scott Milne opens campaign for governor's office, crime statistics fall in city, new home for homeless prevention center, traffic cameras are not watching you, capital panel hears testimony about protecting children.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: America's feet getting bigger than ever, and Americans keep jamming their feet into small sized shoes. Wake up, America!
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Vanessa Williams resigns from Miss America pageant after Bob Guccione publishes nude photos of her in Penthouse magazine and Hefner takes the high road; on this day in 1995, Alan Hale and Thomas Bopp discover a new comet.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Brandon voters decide fate of proposed budget, calls to police for service on complaints have fallen to new low, city woman who spray painted a response to vandals on her sidewalk is cited for mischief.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.