Newfane man charged after rendezvous with teenApril 28,2013Online friendship
ends in charges
WARDSBORO — A Newfane man was charged with contributing to the delinquency of a minor after smoking marijuana with a 14-year-old girl he met on Facebook, according to Vermont State Police.
Officers found them in a car parked on Fairview Road in Wardsboro last week after responding to a report of a suspicious vehicle, police said.
Police say they determined that Daniel Burdick, 19, had been communicating with the girl through social media and they decided to meet. Burdick was cited to court on a misdemeanor charge of contributing to the delinquency of a minor, police said. He was also issued a traffic ticket for driving without a valid license.
Police urged parents to monitor their children’s social media activity.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: America's feet getting bigger than ever, and Americans keep jamming their feet into small sized shoes. Wake up, America!
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Vanessa Williams resigns from Miss America pageant after Bob Guccione publishes nude photos of her in Penthouse magazine and Hefner takes the high road; on this day in 1995, Alan Hale and Thomas Bopp discover a new comet.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Brandon voters decide fate of proposed budget, calls to police for service on complaints have fallen to new low, city woman who spray painted a response to vandals on her sidewalk is cited for mischief.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: National survey ranks Vermont kids' well-being in second place, Springfield takes up anti-loitering ordinance, Rutland debate taxis, Fair Haven woman is arrested in Rutland for prostitution.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather and news: Research scientists say schizophrenia and marijuana use linked. Are marijuana smokers schizophrenic or are schizophrenics more disposed toward marijuana use?