Rita M. KellyApril 30,2013Rita M. Kelly
Rita Mary Kelly, 93, of Rutland passed away Friday evening, April 26, 2013, at Rutland Regional Medical Center.
She was born in Rutland, September 29, 1919, the daughter of Arthur and Alma (Galarneau) Bartlett.
Rita was a graduate of Rutland High School, Class of 1937.
Rita was employed with her brother at Bartlett Studio for many years, and later for the Meals-On-Wheels Program.
She was a member of Immaculate Heart of Mary Church, St. Anne’s Society, and American Legion Post #31 Women’s Auxiliary.
She was very active in the Rutland bowling leagues, was a delegate and participant representing Vermont at the WIBC (Women’s International Bowling Conference), and was inducted into the Vermont Hall of Fame.
Surviving are a son, James F. Kelly of Conway, Arkansas, and a daughter, Maureen Kelly Hnatkovich of Norwell, MA; six grandchildren, Sasha Hnatkovich, Tonia Hnatkovich, Krista Huse, Sean Kelly, Brian Kelly and Kevin Kelly; great-grandchildren, Mckenna Huse, Alexandra Huse, Calvin Huse, Alayna Kelly, Ella Kelly, Fiona Kelly, Finn Kelly and Rebecca Kelly, nieces and nephews.
She was predeceased by her brother, William C. Bartlett.
Funeral services will be held Wednesday, May 1, at 12 noon at Immaculate Heart of Mary Church. Burial will follow at St. Joseph’s Cemetery.
Visiting hours will be held Wednesday from 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. at Clifford Funeral Home in Rutland.
Contributions may be made to Immaculate Heart of Mary Church.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.