Dartmouth-Hitchcock collaborating with Vt. hospitalsThe Associated Press | April 30,2013BRATTLEBORO - Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center is working with two smaller Vermont hospitals on coordinating services.
Brattleboro Memorial Hospital and Grace Cottage Hospital of Townshend are only 17 miles apart. They're turning to Dartmouth-Hitchcock in Lebanon, N.H., and a consulting firm to gather data.
Both hospitals already share medical specialists and have worked together on community health assessment. The 19-bed Grace Cottage Hospital focuses on acute and rehabilitative care. Brattleboro Memorial has 61 beds, and provides more primary and specialty services.
The consultant's report is expected to be completed in the fall.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1618, English author, poet, soldier, adventurer Sir Walter Raleigh is beheaded for conspiring to overthrow King James I, but more likely to mollify offenses to Spain. His executioner has to implore him for silence.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1492, Italian explorer, admiral of the ocean sea, Christopher Columbus, sailing for the Spanish crown, 'discovers' Cuba; on this day in 1964, U.S. officials deny American involvement in bombing North Vietnam.
- Video: Fire engulfs house on Pine Street
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1936, Mrs. Wallis Warfield Spencer Simpson, mistress of King Edward VIII, is granted her second divorce, enabling her to marry the king. The government, the Church of England and the London Times have another idea.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: V-2 No. 13, launched this day in 1946 from White Sands, New Mexico, takes first photographs of Earth from the edge of the planet's outer atmosphere; 1947: Walt Disney testifies before HUAC, names employees he says are communists.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont's brand discussed at Killington, state's attorney candidates Marc Brierre and Rose Kennedy profiled, Curtis reports about Rutland police chief's new job, and four arrested, charged for heroin, crack sales.