Dartmouth-Hitchcock collaborating with Vt. hospitalsThe Associated Press | April 30,2013BRATTLEBORO - Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center is working with two smaller Vermont hospitals on coordinating services.
Brattleboro Memorial Hospital and Grace Cottage Hospital of Townshend are only 17 miles apart. They're turning to Dartmouth-Hitchcock in Lebanon, N.H., and a consulting firm to gather data.
Both hospitals already share medical specialists and have worked together on community health assessment. The 19-bed Grace Cottage Hospital focuses on acute and rehabilitative care. Brattleboro Memorial has 61 beds, and provides more primary and specialty services.
The consultant's report is expected to be completed in the fall.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.