Middletown votes budget todayApril 30,2013Middletown votes budget today
MIDDLETOWN SPRINGS — Residents will return to the polls today to vote on a proposed school budget.
Residents can vote from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. at the Middletown Springs Firehouse on a proposed budget of $1,994,899 for fiscal year 2013-14. The budget is an increase of $58,276, or 3 percent, compared to the current budget of $1,936,623.
On Town Meeting Day and by a four-vote margin, voters defeated a proposed budget of $1,998,890, which was an increase of $62,267, or 3.2 percent.
Despite the increase in the budget, the tax rate is projected to drop 2 cents, from $1.64 to $1.62, due in part to the town’s common level of appraisal rising from 91.2 percent to 95.85 percent.
For more information, visit the school’s website, middletownsprings.org, or the town’s website, middletownsprings.vt.gov.MORE IN This Just InThe man charged in a hit-and-run crash that killed a pedestrian in Killington early Sunday... Full StoryAfter Black Friday, Small Business Saturday and Cyber Monday, most shoppers have a head start on... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation