OKs marijuana bill
MONTPELIER ó A Senate committee has approved a bill that would remove criminal penalties for possession of up to 1 ounce of marijuana.
The bill, which was voted out of the Senate Judiciary Committee on Wednesday, will go to the full Senate.
The House passed the legislation last month.
Instead of a criminal penalty, those caught with up to 1 ounce of marijuana would face a civil fine, like a traffic ticket, of up to $300.
It also seeks to reduce the chances that anyone caught with up to 2 ounces would have a permanent criminal record, and defines a new crime of driving while smoking marijuana.MORE IN Vermont NewsMONTPELIER ó Fancy a pint of Pliny the Elder or Heady Topper double India pale ales, but canít... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation