Police make arrest in old hit and runMay 04,2013Police arrest man
in old hit and run
HARTLAND — Vermont State Police have made an arrest in a five-month-old hit and run that seriously injured a man who was struck while putting gas in his truck on Route 5 in Hartland.
Police said that after months of investigation David Hook, 25, of Hartland admitted driving the vehicle that hit Dean Mason, 56, of Meredith, N.H.
Hook was arrested Thursday.
At the time of the crash, police said Mason suffered significant injuries, including a compound leg fracture and head injuries. Police did not update Mason’s condition following Hook’s arrest.
Hook was charged with felony leaving the scene of an accident and negligent operation. He is due in court in July.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: First televised nuclear test, Woody Harrelson's father claimed involvement in the JFK assassination, Immanuel Kant and William L. Shirer rave on and MIT researchers propose sea-borne nuclear power stations.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Accused child killer released on bail, protesters want him back behind bars, aldermen meet to vote on mayor's board nomination, 156 Vermont runners participate in Monday's Boston Marathon.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Soil beneath Greenland ice sheet predates dawn of mankind, Hitch faces true Hollawood problem head-on, Mark Twain on school boards, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Free Library director Paula Baker will retire at the end of the year, state Senate will vote on new minimum wage legislation and Bennington College graduates win Pulitzer Prizes.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.