Fair Haven man denies sex chargeMay 07,2013Fair Haven man denies sex charge
A Fair Haven man already facing criminal sex offense charges pleaded innocent Monday to three additional charges alleging sexual acts involving an 11-year-old girl.
According to court records, Brandon Ellis, 18, answered to two felony charges of lewd and lascivious conduct and one felony charge of lewd and lascivious conduct with a child. If convicted, he faces up to 20 years in jail.
In an affidavit, Vermont State Police Detective Michael Notte wrote that investigators with the Special Investigation Unit in Rutland, which handles sex crimes, received a report from a 13-year-old female who said when she was 11, Ellis exposed himself, wanted her to touch. The girl told police she did not say anything before because her family trusted Ellis and did not want to ruin it.
Ellis was arrested in April. At the time of his arrest, Ellis was out on court-ordered conditions of release pending sex charges including sexual assault and lewd and lascivious conduct that police said occurred at the same time as the new charges.
On Monday, Ellis was again released on conditions of release.MORE IN This Just InThe cameras appearing atop some city intersections are a new trigger system for the traffic signals. Full StoryA Hubbardton man charged with murdering two electricians who came to his rental home in February ... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Ever wonder why the otherwise straight-lined Appalachian chain's got a big crimp in it in Pennsylvania and and New York?
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Scott Milne opens campaign for governor's office, crime statistics fall in city, new home for homeless prevention center, traffic cameras are not watching you, capital panel hears testimony about protecting children.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: America's feet getting bigger than ever, and Americans keep jamming their feet into small sized shoes. Wake up, America!
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Vanessa Williams resigns from Miss America pageant after Bob Guccione publishes nude photos of her in Penthouse magazine and Hefner takes the high road; on this day in 1995, Alan Hale and Thomas Bopp discover a new comet.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Brandon voters decide fate of proposed budget, calls to police for service on complaints have fallen to new low, city woman who spray painted a response to vandals on her sidewalk is cited for mischief.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.