Ludlow approves $482,000 in bondsMay 09,2013Ludlow voters OK
$482,000 in bonds
LUDLOW — Voters approved a new fire truck and infrastructure improvements by comfortable margins at Tuesday’s special town meeting.
Article 1 asked voters to pay for a new fire truck with a $180,000 municipal bond over 15 years. The article passed, 72-20.
Article 2 asked voters to pay for infrastructure improvements with a municipal bond of up to $302,000 over 15 years. The article passed, 81-11.
The second bond covers repairs at Bridge No. 17, the Lake Pauline dam, the West Hill culvert, the West Hill storm drain, a culvert at the transfer station and highway garage improvements.
The articles were included in the town budget passed by voters in March, but town officials learned they needed to propose them as separate articles because they involved capital purchases.
Ninety-two out of 1,542 registered voters voted at Tuesday’s special town meeting, according to Town Clerk Ulla Cook.MORE IN This Just InA stepfather accused of killing his 2-year-old daughter was released from jail Friday night after... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.