Ludlow approves $482,000 in bondsMay 09,2013Ludlow voters OK
$482,000 in bonds
LUDLOW — Voters approved a new fire truck and infrastructure improvements by comfortable margins at Tuesday’s special town meeting.
Article 1 asked voters to pay for a new fire truck with a $180,000 municipal bond over 15 years. The article passed, 72-20.
Article 2 asked voters to pay for infrastructure improvements with a municipal bond of up to $302,000 over 15 years. The article passed, 81-11.
The second bond covers repairs at Bridge No. 17, the Lake Pauline dam, the West Hill culvert, the West Hill storm drain, a culvert at the transfer station and highway garage improvements.
The articles were included in the town budget passed by voters in March, but town officials learned they needed to propose them as separate articles because they involved capital purchases.
Ninety-two out of 1,542 registered voters voted at Tuesday’s special town meeting, according to Town Clerk Ulla Cook.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Woodstock Ave. lane reconfiguration trial will go forward despite resistance, Rutland city engineer decamps for greener pastures in flatlands, technology changes the way many people file tax returns.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Gulf wildlife still dying from 2010 BP oil spill, Veena in Cabo San Lucas, Gertrude Stein on family living, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Police officer identified in deadly Brattleboro shooting, school consolidation boosters silent on savings, lawmakers nix legal marijuana for PTSD and scrap yard helps solve half-ton heist.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Coyotes are true American survivors, Veena on Narragansett Pier, Vladimir Nabokov in Paris.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Bad crash in Rutland Town sends driver to hospital, natural gas pipeline get support from Addison County Planning Commission.