NY man faces charge after crashMay 09,2013NY driver facing
charge after crash
WALLINGFORD — A New York man who crashed his car off Route 7 on Tuesday was arrested by Vermont State Police, who said he was driving drunk.
Police were called at 11:42 p.m. to the scene where a car driven by Jeffrey Reilly, 39, had crashed off the side of the highway.
No injuries were reported, but police said they determined that Reilly had a blood-alcohol content over the .08 percent legal limit for driving.
Reilly was arrested and cited into Rutland criminal court later this month to face a charge of driving under the influence.MORE IN This Just InTOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Josh O'Gorman reports on the impact of state budget cuts on state colleges, Rutland Town welcomes Donna Zeller as town clerk, Bryanna Allen in Killington for chili cookoff and Haley talks up big Shrine game with N.H. and Vt. 0Rutland Herald News Editor Alan J. Full StoryWHITE RIVER JUNCTION — A Royalton man denied charges that he pointed a gun at a woman and her... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Teddy Roosevelt makes Americans believe the poor, peace-loving, misunderstood piranha is a vicious, dangerous animal.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Teamsters leader Jimmy Hoffa disappears on this day in 1975, on this day in 2003, the last Volkswagen Type I, the Beetle, rolls off the assembly line in Mexico, Ambrose Bierce on the classifications of homicide.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Seals have figured out fish they like to eat gather in schools around turbines in offshore wind farms. But the environment is not without hazards, maintenance vessels and noise pollution.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont Yankee announces final day of nuclear power generation in Vermont, storm brings floods back to Chester, Castleton town manager to resign office, chronic offender sentenced to 25 years for sexual assault.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Archaeologists find a leather shoe in a cave in Armenia that predates the Pyramids by more than a thousand years.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1932, President Hoover orders the Army to evict bonus marchers from Anacostia Flats; author Malcolm Lowry born this day, as is Jackie Kennedy and Mike Bloomfield; Stephen Crane on consuming one's own heart.