ST. JOHNSBURY — Police say an 18-year-old Swiss boarding student at Vermont’s St. Johnsbury academy is facing a child pornography charge after investigators found nude images of a 14-year-old girl on his cellphone that she had sent to him.
Eytan Baer pleaded not guilty on Monday to a misdemeanor charge of possession of child pornography.
The Caledonian-Record reported police began their investigation after the female student’s mother became suspicious of her daughter’s Internet activities. The mother told police and school officials that she was concerned her daughter had been sending nude pictures to other students.
Both Baer and the girl are still students at the academy, but they have been ordered not to have any “purposeful” contact at school or any contact outside school.MORE IN Vermont NewsWASHINGTON — The president of the Vermont-based New England Federal Credit Union urged Congress... Full StoryTo overcome Vermont Health Connect's early technological woes, more than 100 employees in the... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation