Police search for Shrewsbury womanMay 10,2013Police looking
for local woman
Police are asking for help in locating a Shrewsbury woman who may be in distress, according to the Rutland County Sheriff’s Department.
Police said Jessica N. Lennon, 36, asked a convenience store clerk in Clarendon for help and acted strangely during her visit to the store at about noon Monday.
Seven hours later, Sheriff’s Department Sgt. David Fox said, police reached Lennon by phone in New Jersey, where she said she was “fine.”
Despite that assurance, Fox said police have concerns about her welfare and are hoping to talk to her again.
Fox said police believe Lennon is back in the area after she was reportedly seen at Washbucklers in Rutland during the early-morning hours Tuesday.
Lennon — described as 5 feet 6 inches tall with brown hair, hazel eyes and a tattoo of a lizard on her shoulder — was last seen driving a silver 2007 Volvo XC90.
Anyone who knows her whereabouts is asked to call the Sheriff’s Department at 775-8002.MORE IN This Just InDearest farm, with your well-worked fields full of food, I love you. Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Brandon voters decide fate of proposed budget, calls to police for service on complaints have fallen to new low, city woman who spray painted a response to vandals on her sidewalk is cited for mischief.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: National survey ranks Vermont kids' well-being in second place, Springfield takes up anti-loitering ordinance, Rutland debate taxis, Fair Haven woman is arrested in Rutland for prostitution.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather and news: Research scientists say schizophrenia and marijuana use linked. Are marijuana smokers schizophrenic or are schizophrenics more disposed toward marijuana use?
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 365 CE, eastern Mediterranean rocked by high magnitude earthquake and tsunami, in 1865, Davis 'Little Dave' Tutt meets Wild Bill Hickock in Springfield, Mo., to settle differences.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Pesticides in soil and ground water are killing not only honey bees and other useful insects, but songbirds as well.