Woman accused in local burglariesMay 15,2013The Associated Press
WESTMINSTER — A North Walpole, N.H. woman was charged in a series of burglaries, and a warrant for another arrest has been requested by Vermont State Police.
Betty Bashaw, 47, allegedly helped Jacob Mcallister, 21, of Westminster break into Kenneth Beebe Plumbing and Heating in Westminster between Jan. 27 and Jan. 31.
Bashaw faces a single burglary charge for the break-ins, police said.
Trooper Brian Berry said the pair stole brass fittings, a copper rod and a yellow Fluke electrical tester.
Mcallister confessed to the three break-ins, but he has not been charged because he is being held for unrelated drug charges in Greenfield, Mass.
Berry said Mcallister and Bashaw stole the items to support their heroin addictions.
Bashaw and Mcallister will be arraigned at criminal court in Brattleboro on a later date.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1898, Nelson Miles leads American troops into Puerto Rico during Spanish-American War, Bob Dylan electrifies Newport Folk Festival in 1965, author and longshoreman Eric Hoffer born this day in 1902.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: No charges to be filed inconnection with crash of city police cruiser, farmers group turn to Internet to raise money for solar project, Street Talk polls passersby about legal marijuana.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information for Friday, July 25, and easily digestible news tidbits: Mysterious enormous hole in the Siberian tundra baffles scientists.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Ever wonder why the otherwise straight-lined Appalachian chain's got a big crimp in it in Pennsylvania and and New York?
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Scott Milne opens campaign for governor's office, crime statistics fall in city, new home for homeless prevention center, traffic cameras are not watching you, capital panel hears testimony about protecting children.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: America's feet getting bigger than ever, and Americans keep jamming their feet into small sized shoes. Wake up, America!