Woman accused in local burglariesMay 15,2013The Associated Press
WESTMINSTER — A North Walpole, N.H. woman was charged in a series of burglaries, and a warrant for another arrest has been requested by Vermont State Police.
Betty Bashaw, 47, allegedly helped Jacob Mcallister, 21, of Westminster break into Kenneth Beebe Plumbing and Heating in Westminster between Jan. 27 and Jan. 31.
Bashaw faces a single burglary charge for the break-ins, police said.
Trooper Brian Berry said the pair stole brass fittings, a copper rod and a yellow Fluke electrical tester.
Mcallister confessed to the three break-ins, but he has not been charged because he is being held for unrelated drug charges in Greenfield, Mass.
Berry said Mcallister and Bashaw stole the items to support their heroin addictions.
Bashaw and Mcallister will be arraigned at criminal court in Brattleboro on a later date.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, striking Colo. miners attacked with machine guns by state police; 1877, Thomas Edison announces invention of the phonograph, 1959, Alan Freed fired by WABC 770 AM for accepting payola to promote records.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1863, President Abraham Lincoln delivers short speech in Gettysburg, Pa.; in 1984, a Pemex LNG facility destroyed by series of gas explosions, 600 people are killed; in 1998, Senate builds fire under Bill Clinton.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1831 – Independent South American super-state, Gran Colombia, dissolved; 1856 - Fort Buchanan built to control Apache warriors; 1970 - William Calley Jr. goes on trial after 1968 massacre at My Lai, Vietnam.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Wisconsin Sen. Joe McCarthy takes advantage of Cold War jitters and builds a tidy little fiefdom for himself on Capitol Hill. It's all good, but pride goes before you know darn well what. The junior senator is damaged going down.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, Leon Trotsky is expelled from the Soviet Communist Party, leaving Joseph Stalin in control of the Soviet Union; in 1970, Oregon DOT tries to dynamite a dead whale off a beach with a rather shocking result.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1972, Southern Airways Flight 49 is hijacked, the crew and passengers held for ransom. The hijackers want $10 million and passage to Cuba. In 2007, in Santiago, Chile, King Juan Carlos of Spain loses patience with Hugo Chavez.