DUI charge brought in crashMay 16,2013Woman charged
with DUI in crash
BRANDON — A rollover crash on McConnell Road was blamed on a drunk driver, according to Brandon Police.
Police were called to the road at 8:30 p.m. May 9 for a report of a car that had rolled over. Police found a Land Rover that had turned on its roof.
The driver, Bernadette Candee, 54, of Brandon was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol after her blood-alcohol content was measured at .093 percent, police said.
Candee was released on a citation to appear in Rutland criminal court later this month.MORE IN This Just InBetween the grilled hot dogs, tag football and spikes of a volleyball over the net, the scene... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Jim Jeffords' legacy, Brandon takes a few questions about proposed budget, beleaguered city playground likely to move, woman awakes to find strange man with knives standing at her bedside.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Former U.S. Senator James Jeffords dies Monday in Washington D.C., a local man is beaten and robbed while walking on West Street, Clarendon sets a tax rate and Brandon convenes an informational public meeting about its budget.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1915, the New York World publishes scoop: Thom. Edison diverts chemical from war production to help German pharmaceutical company make aspirin; on this day in 1935, Will Rogers, Wiley Post die in Alaska plane crash.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: State panel briefed on smuggling drugs into prisons; new French-German documentary about Vermont's heroin addiction; solar project at Vets Home falls apart; update dispute between Open Door Mission and treatment center.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Climatologists might not know as much about El Nino as they thought they knew. New studies show 10,000 years ago, El Nino was active, and polar ice sheets were rapidly melting — just like today.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: State colleges get a budget cut break, vandals spray paint Wallingford basketball court, state's attorney will replace lost deputies, cop lawsuit proceeds, Mendon mini-golf proposal makes headway.