DUI charge brought in crashMay 16,2013Woman charged
with DUI in crash
BRANDON — A rollover crash on McConnell Road was blamed on a drunk driver, according to Brandon Police.
Police were called to the road at 8:30 p.m. May 9 for a report of a car that had rolled over. Police found a Land Rover that had turned on its roof.
The driver, Bernadette Candee, 54, of Brandon was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol after her blood-alcohol content was measured at .093 percent, police said.
Candee was released on a citation to appear in Rutland criminal court later this month.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Gov. Peter Shumlin announces demise of his single-payer health insurance initiative; convicted first-degree murderer Alan Prue sentenced to 50 years for killing teacher Melissa Jenkins; veterans chafed about park naming snub.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 497 BC, first Saturnalia festival celebrated in Rome, Scandinavians retain 'Yule Goat' as symbol of season, Krampus, evil side of holiday cheer, terrorizes children into better behavior, more advice from Christopher Hitchens.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 533 AD, Byzantine Emperor Justinian I gets the old empire back together again routing the Vandals from Carthage; in 1890, Lakota Chief Sitting Bull is killed at his home in South Dakota; in 1970, Soviets land probe on Venus.
- DUANE CARLETON: Rutland Herald Events Editor George Nostrand interviews musician Duane Carleton, whose new CD 'A GIRL LIKE THAT' drops Thursday, Dec. 18, 2014, and will be celebrated that evening with a show at 9:30 p.m. at Killington's Pickle Barrel.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Sigisimund, king of Hungary, creates Order of the Dragon to defend the West against Ottoman Turks; Chong Ho escorts 300 virgins to China; J. Bruce Ismay born this day, built Titanic, gets free trip, does not go down with the ship.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Storm takes out power for 60,000 Vermonters; state gets $33M to fund pre-K education; Springfield board OKs fund to demolish blighted buildings, voters have final say; George Nostrand runs down coming events.