Students collect Videofest honorsMay 16,2013Students collect
CASTLETON — Vermont Public Television and Castleton State College announced the winners of the 18th Annual Videofest, held last week at the college.
Sstudents from 10 schools in Vermont submitted DVDs of original work in four categories: documentary, experimental/animation, narrative fiction and public service announcement/advertisements.
The first-place winner from each category received a $500 scholarship to CSC’s communication or theater arts program.
For documentaries, the winners were: Hayden Dow and Joey Gioconti from Hartford Area Career and Technology Center, and Chris Ryan from Stafford Technical Center.
In the advertising category the winners were: William Charlton and Brandon Goss from Cold Hollow Career Center; Cameron Gallagher from Granville Junior/Senior High School; and Brendan Tardiff, Megan Lafear, Adam Wade and Skylar Amerio from Stafford.
For narrative fiction the winners were: Joshua Pendelton and Logan Greeno from Stafford; Aubree Trombly and Nikki Basset from Stafford; and AJ Swan, Justin McAskill, Jade Premont, Trevor Richardson and Nick Olmstead from Randolph Technical Career Center.
In the experimental category the winners were: Brittany Urban from Stafford; Cameron Gallagher from Granville Junior/Senior High School; and Logan Greeno from Stafford.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Teddy Roosevelt makes Americans believe the poor, peace-loving, misunderstood piranha is a vicious, dangerous animal.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Teamsters leader Jimmy Hoffa disappears on this day in 1975, on this day in 2003, the last Volkswagen Type I, the Beetle, rolls off the assembly line in Mexico, Ambrose Bierce on the classifications of homicide.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Seals have figured out fish they like to eat gather in schools around turbines in offshore wind farms. But the environment is not without hazards, maintenance vessels and noise pollution.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont Yankee announces final day of nuclear power generation in Vermont, storm brings floods back to Chester, Castleton town manager to resign office, chronic offender sentenced to 25 years for sexual assault.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Archaeologists find a leather shoe in a cave in Armenia that predates the Pyramids by more than a thousand years.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1932, President Hoover orders the Army to evict bonus marchers from Anacostia Flats; author Malcolm Lowry born this day, as is Jackie Kennedy and Mike Bloomfield; Stephen Crane on consuming one's own heart.