N.H. woman arrested for assisting in three break-insMay 16,2013Woman accused
in local burglaries
WESTMINSTER — A North Walpole, N.H. woman was charged in a series of burglaries, and a warrant for another arrest has been requested by Vermont State Police.
Betty Bashaw, 47, allegedly helped Jacob Mcallister, 21, of Westminster break into Kenneth Beebe Plumbing and Heating in Westminster between Jan. 27 and Jan. 31.
Bashaw faces a single burglary charge for the break-ins, police said.
Trooper Brian Berry said the pair stole brass fittings, a copper rod and a yellow Fluke electrical tester.
Mcallister confessed to the three break-ins, but he has not been charged because he is being held for unrelated drug charges in Greenfield, Mass.
Berry said Mcallister and Bashaw stole the items to support their heroin addictions.
Bashaw and Mcallister will be arraigned at criminal court in Brattleboro on a later date.MORE IN This Just InEfforts are underway to raise thousands of dollars needed to pay for medical care and other... Full StoryTOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town. 0Rutland Herald News Editor Alan Keays and staff writer Gordon Dritschilo discuss some of the... Full StoryThe Associated Press Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Woodstock Ave. lane reconfiguration trial will go forward despite resistance, Rutland city engineer decamps for greener pastures in flatlands, technology changes the way many people file tax returns.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Gulf wildlife still dying from 2010 BP oil spill, Veena in Cabo San Lucas, Gertrude Stein on family living, all in today's minute.