N.H. woman arrested for assisting in three break-insMay 16,2013Woman accused
in local burglaries
WESTMINSTER — A North Walpole, N.H. woman was charged in a series of burglaries, and a warrant for another arrest has been requested by Vermont State Police.
Betty Bashaw, 47, allegedly helped Jacob Mcallister, 21, of Westminster break into Kenneth Beebe Plumbing and Heating in Westminster between Jan. 27 and Jan. 31.
Bashaw faces a single burglary charge for the break-ins, police said.
Trooper Brian Berry said the pair stole brass fittings, a copper rod and a yellow Fluke electrical tester.
Mcallister confessed to the three break-ins, but he has not been charged because he is being held for unrelated drug charges in Greenfield, Mass.
Berry said Mcallister and Bashaw stole the items to support their heroin addictions.
Bashaw and Mcallister will be arraigned at criminal court in Brattleboro on a later date.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Woodstock Ave. lane reconfiguration trial will go forward despite resistance, Rutland city engineer decamps for greener pastures in flatlands, technology changes the way many people file tax returns.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Gulf wildlife still dying from 2010 BP oil spill, Veena in Cabo San Lucas, Gertrude Stein on family living, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Police officer identified in deadly Brattleboro shooting, school consolidation boosters silent on savings, lawmakers nix legal marijuana for PTSD and scrap yard helps solve half-ton heist.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Coyotes are true American survivors, Veena on Narragansett Pier, Vladimir Nabokov in Paris.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Bad crash in Rutland Town sends driver to hospital, natural gas pipeline get support from Addison County Planning Commission.