NEWPORT — A Vermont woman who admitted that she had unlawful sexual encounters with a 14-year-old boy will spend at least 10 year on the sex-offender registry.
Michelle Deaette of Newport pleaded guilty this week in Orleans County criminal court to several lewd conduct charges. The state dismissed a felony count of sexual assault on a minor less than 16 years of age.
The Caledonian-Record reported that the boy, who now lives in Florida, told investigators the 21-year-old Deaette had sex with him from mid-August to mid-September 2012.
Deaette was sentenced to 20 to 24 months, suspended except the 167 days she’s already served. She’ll be on probation for three years, during which time she must either complete her GED or earn her high school diploma.MORE IN Vermont NewsCOLCHESTER — A bunch of kids in a minivan are solving twin challenges in northern Vermont:... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.