Arrest made in home invasionMay 18,2013CABOT — Vermont State Police have made an arrest in a June 2012 armed home invasion in Cabot.
Police said they arrested 32-year-old Nicholas Johnson of St. Johnsbury, formerly of Cabot, on charges of burglary, reckless endangerment, larceny and unlawful restraint.
Police said during the home invasion, a man armed with a rifle forced his way into a residence and demanded money from the 67-year-old homeowner before tying him up.
Police say the incident occurred when the homeowner on Route 215 was awakened by the suspect, who reported he was having car trouble.
The homeowner gave the suspect an undetermined amount of money before he was tied up.MORE IN This Just InBillings Farm & Museum in Woodstock will host its annual Baby Animal Day on Saturday. Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Woodstock Ave. lane reconfiguration trial will go forward despite resistance, Rutland city engineer decamps for greener pastures in flatlands, technology changes the way many people file tax returns.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Gulf wildlife still dying from 2010 BP oil spill, Veena in Cabo San Lucas, Gertrude Stein on family living, all in today's minute.