Arrest made in home invasionMay 18,2013CABOT — Vermont State Police have made an arrest in a June 2012 armed home invasion in Cabot.
Police said they arrested 32-year-old Nicholas Johnson of St. Johnsbury, formerly of Cabot, on charges of burglary, reckless endangerment, larceny and unlawful restraint.
Police said during the home invasion, a man armed with a rifle forced his way into a residence and demanded money from the 67-year-old homeowner before tying him up.
Police say the incident occurred when the homeowner on Route 215 was awakened by the suspect, who reported he was having car trouble.
The homeowner gave the suspect an undetermined amount of money before he was tied up.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1935, New York gangster, bootlegger, ruthless murderer Dutch Schultz, born Arthur Flegenheimer to Jewish-German immigrant parents, and three associates gunned down, killed, at the Palace Chophouse in Newark, N.J.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Acclaimed illusionist & escape artist Harry Houdini, performing in Montreal in 1926, is sucker-punched by a McGill University student. Houdini doesn't know he has peritonitis - the punches are possible factor in his Oct. 31 death.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Police Chief James Baker to resign from the force at the end of the year to take a job in Washington, D.C., jury remains out in teacher killing murder trial, Rec Dept. releases report on what's wrong with White's Pool.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Well diggers in Cardiff, New York, find what is thought to be the petrified body of a 10-foot-tall man, perfectly preserved after thousands of years, which becomes a popular roadside attraction until proven to be a fake.
- Pittsford Haunted House
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1720, 'Calico Jack' Rackham, Caribbean pirate and early feminist, known for recruiting women to his crew and for fabric decorating skills after creating 'Jolly Roger' flag, is captured by the British Royal Navy.