Frederick A. VahleMay 20,2013Frederick A. Vahle
Frederick A. Vahle, 66, of Orlando, Fla., and formerly of Rutland, died May 15, 2013, in Orlando.
He was born March 21, 1947, in Rutland, the son of Frederick E. and Anna Chamberlain (Cook) Vahle.
Mr. Vahle grew up in Rutland and was employed by his father at Rutland Window Cleaning for several years prior to enlisting in the U.S. Marines. He served several tours in Vietnam where he was awarded several medals for valor prior to his honorable discharge.
Survivors include his son, Christopher Vahle of West Rutland; a sister, Sheila Bruno of Hydeville; his former wife, Barbara (Ashlin) Vahle of West Rutland, and a nephew.
He was predeceased by his wife, Lynn Vahle, in 1995.
Burial with military honors will be held at a later date in St. Bridgetís Cemetery in West Rutland.
Arrangements are under the direction of the Durfee Funeral Home.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.