2 charged with attempted murder in Vt. house fireThe Associated Press | May 20,2013Police in the Vermont community of Morristown say two women have been charged with attempted murder for allegedly setting fire to a house occupied by a family.
Thirty-five-year-old Leola Bell and 40-year-old Tina Cole pleaded not guilty on Friday to attempted first-degree murder and first-degree arson charges.
Police say no one was injured, but the residence was damaged.
Two other people are facing arson charges in the case. Police say 57-year-old Cynthia Bell and 49-year-old Gwen Hislop of Morristown will be arraigned on charges of accessory to arson for their roles in the fire at 80 George St.
More charges are expected.
Cole and Bell are being held on $100,000 bail.MORE IN This Just InBig movie day at Town Hall Theater Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Researchers find new species of hominid, the Denisovans, and follow genetic evidence that place them across a wide swath of the globe before extinction 40,000 years ago.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Proctor estate sale hits serious legal speed bump, Rutland Town wraps up solar project regulations, Patty Minichiello interviews visiting sculptor in West Rutland and Castleton Crackers honored with national award.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Tamerlane, in 1401 on this day, lays waste to Baghdad; 'Rock Around The Clock' hits No. 1 on Billboard chart in 1955, stays there for eight weeks.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Texas towns, shaken by earthquakes linked to fracking for gas and oil, are fed up and scared, want to ban the practice,
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Fracking linked to 100-fold increase in Oklahoma earthquakes.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Roswell: Weather balloon, invasion from outer space or primitive spy op? You decide. Francis Gary Powers faces the music on this day and it's Russian pop hits, Elisabeth Kubler-Ross born this day and the Mahatma eschews violence.