Fair Haven couple deny arson chargesStaff Report | May 20,2013A Fair Haven couple charged with torching their car dealership denied today a pair of arson charges brought against them.
Edward David, 50, and his wife Tammy, 46, pleaded innocent to felony charges of second-degree arson during their arraignment in Rutland criminal court.
They were released on minimal court ordered conditions after the hearing.
The pair allegedly lit a fire that destroyed their dealership on the evening of March 17.
A Vermont State Police investigation into the fire revealed that the couple left the building minutes before the fire started and that they are more than $1.1 million in debt including delinquent property taxes in the amount of $7,000 owed in Castleton and $21,000 in delinquent taxes owed in Fair Haven.MORE IN This Just InThe man charged in a hit-and-run crash that killed a pedestrian in Killington early Sunday... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation