• Fire destroys home in Bennington
    The Associated Press | May 20,2013
    • Email Article
    •  
    •  Print Article
     
    Firefighters are trying to determine the cause of a fire at a home in Bennington.

    No one was injured in the fire, which started at the back of the house Saturday afternoon.

    John Scutt, Bennington Rural Fire Department assistant chief, told the Bennington Banner the fire on Silk Road just south of the Route 279 overpass was contained within an hour.

    He said the building was a total loss.
    • Email Article
    •  
    •  Print Article
    2 Comments
    MORE IN This Just In
    An unattended candle caused a fire leaving eight to nine people without a home and killing two... Full Story
    Candle fire kills two pets
    WHEELOCK For more than a century Dartmouth College has been making good on a promise to... Full Story
    Dartmouth, Vt. town have longtime tuition deal
    More Articles