Vt. city, teachers work on new contractThe Associated Press | May 20,2013SOUTH BURLINGTON - The school board and teachers in the Vermont city of South Burlington are hoping a mediator can help them reach an agreement on a new contract.
Negotiations have been under way since November and a mediator from Boston met with both parties May 15 but was unable to resolve an impasse in negotiations.
A fact-finding report is due mid-summer.
The Burlington Free Press reported neither side is willing to discuss the details of the negotiations.
The current contract expires June 30 but it includes a clause extending the terms of the contract if no new agreement has been reached.
The starting salary for South Burlington teachers is just over $41,000 with a maximum salary of $85,382.MORE IN This Just InEfforts are underway to raise thousands of dollars needed to pay for medical care and other... Full StoryTOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town. 0Rutland Herald News Editor Alan Keays and staff writer Gordon Dritschilo discuss some of the... Full StoryThe Associated Press Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Woodstock Ave. lane reconfiguration trial will go forward despite resistance, Rutland city engineer decamps for greener pastures in flatlands, technology changes the way many people file tax returns.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Gulf wildlife still dying from 2010 BP oil spill, Veena in Cabo San Lucas, Gertrude Stein on family living, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Police officer identified in deadly Brattleboro shooting, school consolidation boosters silent on savings, lawmakers nix legal marijuana for PTSD and scrap yard helps solve half-ton heist.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Coyotes are true American survivors, Veena on Narragansett Pier, Vladimir Nabokov in Paris.