Vt. city, teachers work on new contractThe Associated Press | May 20,2013SOUTH BURLINGTON - The school board and teachers in the Vermont city of South Burlington are hoping a mediator can help them reach an agreement on a new contract.
Negotiations have been under way since November and a mediator from Boston met with both parties May 15 but was unable to resolve an impasse in negotiations.
A fact-finding report is due mid-summer.
The Burlington Free Press reported neither side is willing to discuss the details of the negotiations.
The current contract expires June 30 but it includes a clause extending the terms of the contract if no new agreement has been reached.
The starting salary for South Burlington teachers is just over $41,000 with a maximum salary of $85,382.MORE IN This Just InPOULTNEY — Sheila Nichols has been so busy for so long, she doesn’t know how to slow down. Full StoryFAIRLEE — The Thetford Energy Committee was honored Saturday at a statewide energy conference... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation