Man charged in school bus theftMay 20,2013NEWPORT — Vermont police say a 22-year-old Newport man is in jail on charges of stealing a school bus and two other vehicles.
Adam Page is charged with three counts of operating without owners consent, leaving the scene of an accident, driving on a criminally suspended license and burglary.
State police said Page allegedly stole a 2014 model bus Friday night belonging Newport City Elementary School and drove to a 19-year-old woman’s home in the nearby town of Morgan, where he broke in and stole her dog.
Police said after crashing the bus, he’s accused of then attempting to steal pickup truck from a home without success before successfully stealing another truck in Morgan.
Page was arrested Saturday and is behind held on $7,500 bail. The dog was unharmed.MORE IN This Just InTOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Free Library director Paula Baker will retire at the end of the year, state Senate will vote on new minimum wage legislation and Bennington College graduates win Pulitzer Prizes for fiction and biography. 0Rutland Herald News Editor Alan Keays and staff writer Brent Curtis discuss some of the stories... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.