Man charged in school bus theftMay 20,2013NEWPORT — Vermont police say a 22-year-old Newport man is in jail on charges of stealing a school bus and two other vehicles.
Adam Page is charged with three counts of operating without owners consent, leaving the scene of an accident, driving on a criminally suspended license and burglary.
State police said Page allegedly stole a 2014 model bus Friday night belonging Newport City Elementary School and drove to a 19-year-old woman’s home in the nearby town of Morgan, where he broke in and stole her dog.
Police said after crashing the bus, he’s accused of then attempting to steal pickup truck from a home without success before successfully stealing another truck in Morgan.
Page was arrested Saturday and is behind held on $7,500 bail. The dog was unharmed.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1720, 'Calico Jack' Rackham, Caribbean pirate and early feminist, known for recruiting women to his crew and for fabric decorating skills after creating 'Jolly Roger' flag, is captured by the British Royal Navy.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1307, King Phillip the Fair of France orders hundreds of Knights Templar rounded up and arrested, charged with heresy, tortured until they confess; on this day in 1917, thousands see miracle of Our Lady of Fatima.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont has a new state Supreme Court Justice; city hospital says it can save plenty by upgrading its lights and trucking in natural gas; Springfield has a new town manager, former West Rutland guy, Tom Yennerall.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Solarfest likely to be on hold until at least 2016, Great Dane involved in theft of an $89,000 shotgun leads police to the thieves, PSB will not reopen VGS pipeline case, prosecutors want evidence in body-packing drug case.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1871, After long summer drought comes simultaneous devastating upper Midwest wildfires; Chicago city center in ruins; in 1967, after brief firefight, Ernesto 'Che' Guevara captured alive in Bolivian jungle camp.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: City aldermen discuss future of recreation department facilities, three bears killed in interstate crash, town school principal rewards students' good reading habits, fight at city jail sends a man to hospital.