Man charged in school bus theftMay 20,2013NEWPORT — Vermont police say a 22-year-old Newport man is in jail on charges of stealing a school bus and two other vehicles.
Adam Page is charged with three counts of operating without owners consent, leaving the scene of an accident, driving on a criminally suspended license and burglary.
State police said Page allegedly stole a 2014 model bus Friday night belonging Newport City Elementary School and drove to a 19-year-old woman’s home in the nearby town of Morgan, where he broke in and stole her dog.
Police said after crashing the bus, he’s accused of then attempting to steal pickup truck from a home without success before successfully stealing another truck in Morgan.
Page was arrested Saturday and is behind held on $7,500 bail. The dog was unharmed.MORE IN This Just InBillings Farm & Museum in Woodstock will host its annual Baby Animal Day on Saturday. Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Woodstock Ave. lane reconfiguration trial will go forward despite resistance, Rutland city engineer decamps for greener pastures in flatlands, technology changes the way many people file tax returns.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Gulf wildlife still dying from 2010 BP oil spill, Veena in Cabo San Lucas, Gertrude Stein on family living, all in today's minute.