ATV driver faces charges after crashMay 20,2013ATV driver faces DUI after crash
WEST RUPERT — A Pawlet man is in stable condition after an all-terrain vehicle crash Saturday.
Police said Michael Maynes, 24, was driving an ATV on Route 153 at around 7:30 p.m. when he went off the road and struck a fence.
Maynes was transported to Albany Medical Center, where he was listed in stable condition, according to a hospital spokeswoman.
Police suspected Maynes was under the influence of intoxicants at the time of the crash. Maynes provided police with a blood sample. Maynes is facing charges of driving an ATV on a public highway and driving under the influence.
The crash remains under investigation and anyone with information is asked to call State Trooper Dave Ferencik at 442-5421.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Acclaimed illusionist & escape artist Harry Houdini, performing in Montreal in 1926, is sucker-punched by a McGill University student. Houdini doesn't know he has peritonitis - the punches are possible factor in his Oct. 31 death.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Police Chief James Baker to resign from the force at the end of the year to take a job in Washington, D.C., jury remains out in teacher killing murder trial, Rec Dept. releases report on what's wrong with White's Pool.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Well diggers in Cardiff, New York, find what is thought to be the petrified body of a 10-foot-tall man, perfectly preserved after thousands of years, which becomes a popular roadside attraction until proven to be a fake.
- Pittsford Haunted House
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1720, 'Calico Jack' Rackham, Caribbean pirate and early feminist, known for recruiting women to his crew and for fabric decorating skills after creating 'Jolly Roger' flag, is captured by the British Royal Navy.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1307, King Phillip the Fair of France orders hundreds of Knights Templar rounded up and arrested, charged with heresy, tortured until they confess; on this day in 1917, thousands see miracle of Our Lady of Fatima.