ATV driver faces charges after crashMay 20,2013ATV driver faces DUI after crash
WEST RUPERT — A Pawlet man is in stable condition after an all-terrain vehicle crash Saturday.
Police said Michael Maynes, 24, was driving an ATV on Route 153 at around 7:30 p.m. when he went off the road and struck a fence.
Maynes was transported to Albany Medical Center, where he was listed in stable condition, according to a hospital spokeswoman.
Police suspected Maynes was under the influence of intoxicants at the time of the crash. Maynes provided police with a blood sample. Maynes is facing charges of driving an ATV on a public highway and driving under the influence.
The crash remains under investigation and anyone with information is asked to call State Trooper Dave Ferencik at 442-5421.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1618, English author, poet, soldier, adventurer Sir Walter Raleigh is beheaded for conspiring to overthrow King James I, but more likely to mollify offenses to Spain. His executioner has to implore him for silence.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1492, Italian explorer, admiral of the ocean sea, Christopher Columbus, sailing for the Spanish crown, 'discovers' Cuba; on this day in 1964, U.S. officials deny American involvement in bombing North Vietnam.
- Video: Fire engulfs house on Pine Street
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1936, Mrs. Wallis Warfield Spencer Simpson, mistress of King Edward VIII, is granted her second divorce, enabling her to marry the king. The government, the Church of England and the London Times have another idea.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: V-2 No. 13, launched this day in 1946 from White Sands, New Mexico, takes first photographs of Earth from the edge of the planet's outer atmosphere; 1947: Walt Disney testifies before HUAC, names employees he says are communists.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont's brand discussed at Killington, state's attorney candidates Marc Brierre and Rose Kennedy profiled, Curtis reports about Rutland police chief's new job, and four arrested, charged for heroin, crack sales.