Teen driver crashes, sends mom to hospitalMay 22,2013By Josh O'Gorman
WEST RUTLAND - A Middletown Springs teen sent his mother to the hospital with serious injuries following a crash this morning.
According to State Police, around 7:30 a.m., a 15-year-old was driving north on Route 133 in a 2011 Chevrolet Traverse when his vehicle went off the road and struck a tree.
The teen was driving under the supervision of his mother, Jennifer Sheridan, who sustained a broken back and broken ribs from the crash. She was taken to Rutland Regional Medical Center, where she was listed in good condition, according to a hospital spokeswoman.
The teen was not injured. Neither drugs nor alcohol appear to have been factors in the crash, police said.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Teddy Roosevelt makes Americans believe the poor, peace-loving, misunderstood piranha is a vicious, dangerous animal.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Teamsters leader Jimmy Hoffa disappears on this day in 1975, on this day in 2003, the last Volkswagen Type I, the Beetle, rolls off the assembly line in Mexico, Ambrose Bierce on the classifications of homicide.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Seals have figured out fish they like to eat gather in schools around turbines in offshore wind farms. But the environment is not without hazards, maintenance vessels and noise pollution.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont Yankee announces final day of nuclear power generation in Vermont, storm brings floods back to Chester, Castleton town manager to resign office, chronic offender sentenced to 25 years for sexual assault.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Archaeologists find a leather shoe in a cave in Armenia that predates the Pyramids by more than a thousand years.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1932, President Hoover orders the Army to evict bonus marchers from Anacostia Flats; author Malcolm Lowry born this day, as is Jackie Kennedy and Mike Bloomfield; Stephen Crane on consuming one's own heart.