Teen pleads guilty to domestic assaultMay 22,2013BENNINGTON — A Shaftsbury teenager pleaded guilty Monday to a charge of domestic assault after admitting that she bit the arm of her mother’s boyfriend at their home Sunday.
Haley V. Iserman, 17, of Shaftsbury, was arraigned Monday in Bennington criminal court on the misdemeanor charge of domestic assault. Iserman entered a “conditional guilty plea,” under an agreement that the case would be transferred to family court where she could be charged as a youthful offender.
In an affidavit, police said they were called to Iserman’s East Road home Sunday around 8:15 p.m. Police said Iserman’s mother, Nancy Iserman, said an argument started over Haley’s medication.
Nancy Iserman said she believed her daughter was selling the medication at school instead of taking it, according to the affidavit.
Police said Nancy told them Haley Iserman pushed and slapped her. Jason Lofaro, Nancy Iserman’s boyfriend, told police that Haley bit him when he tried to restrain her from attacking Nancy.
According to police, Haley Iserman was taken to the Vermont State Police barracks in Shaftsbury to be interviewed. Nancy Iserman was in the room to act as Haley’s guardian but police said Haley became “loud and aggressive” toward Nancy and made physically threatening moves toward Nancy which forced them to remove Haley from the room.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Woodstock Ave. lane reconfiguration trial will go forward despite resistance, Rutland city engineer decamps for greener pastures in flatlands, technology changes the way many people file tax returns.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Gulf wildlife still dying from 2010 BP oil spill, Veena in Cabo San Lucas, Gertrude Stein on family living, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Police officer identified in deadly Brattleboro shooting, school consolidation boosters silent on savings, lawmakers nix legal marijuana for PTSD and scrap yard helps solve half-ton heist.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Coyotes are true American survivors, Veena on Narragansett Pier, Vladimir Nabokov in Paris.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Bad crash in Rutland Town sends driver to hospital, natural gas pipeline get support from Addison County Planning Commission.