Allen J. PettyMay 23,2013Allen J. Petty Rites
FAIR HAVEN — The graveside service for Allen J. “Bud” Petty, 85, who died Jan. 24, 2013, was held Wednesday, May 22, in Cedar Grove Cemetery in Fair Haven.
Military honors were provided by the Vermont Air National Guard and American Legion Post 49 in Fair Haven who provided the honor guard and firing detail. TSGT Morrell Bunbury sounded taps and assisted 1st SGT Cliff Sterling in folding the flag which was presented to Mr. Petty’s wife, Kay.
Bearers were Terry Petty and Kevin, Ryan and Adrian Brower.
Arrangements were under the direction of the Mallory Funeral Home in Fair Haven.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Woodstock Ave. lane reconfiguration trial will go forward despite resistance, Rutland city engineer decamps for greener pastures in flatlands, technology changes the way many people file tax returns.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Gulf wildlife still dying from 2010 BP oil spill, Veena in Cabo San Lucas, Gertrude Stein on family living, all in today's minute.